With the help of our wonderful student council, Oster tries to give back to our communities, especially the ones who hold a special place in our hearts. In October, we raised over $400 for the Susan Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. In November, our student council will be collecting food for the Second Harvest Food Bank. This is a nonprofit organization that provides food to more than 257,000 people in Santa Clara County each month. This includes nearly 89,000 children and nearly 57,000 seniors who rely on Second Harvest to get the nutritious food they need. Please join us in supporting a great cause. Although we will have designated theme days to create some fun, children can bring any non-perishable food any day of the week. The collection will run November 9th - November 15th.
- Friday the 9th is Fruity Friday: cans of fruit in 100% juice or water
- Monday the 12th is Veterans Day Observed-No School
- Tuesday the 13th is Tuna Tuesday: canned tuna, chicken, or salmon
- Wednesday the 14th is Whole Grain Cereal Wednesday: any whole grain cereal
- Thursday the 15th is Thoughtful Meals in a Can Thursday: stew, chili, spaghetti, etc.